Award-winning sales progression platform mio has brought together the voices of over 350 home movers to uncover their recent experiences of the moving process and evaluate what this means for Estate Agents and Conveyancers. The survey revealed:
- Market knowledge and trust are key to winning instructions, while 89% sellers did not base their agent selection on being offered the lowest fee.
- One in two movers used a conveyancer recommended to them by their agent.
- Good communication and convenience are the new consumer service benchmarks, as 75% strongly agreed communication is key to a good property service.
- Home movers are embracing digital channels of communication, driven by the need for convenience and regular, timely communication, with only 17% preferring face to face contact with their Estate Agents.
- mio consumer App users unanimously agreed that the sales progression communication tool improved their relationship with their agent.
The mio survey findings suggest that for home movers, technology is playing an increasingly important role in terms of communication, the sharing of information and management of their expectations, which keep property transactions moving. Importantly, those agents who elevate their value proposition with solutions like mio are more resilient to competitive price pressures and deliver a more satisfactory moving experience.
Closer collaboration and transparency with other operators in the property transaction process also makes for a smoother experience and amplifies customer satisfaction levels as mio Sales Director, Nick Ball, comments:
“With market knowledge and trust as the main consumer drivers for selecting an Estate Agency, agents should consider how to leverage these strengths at other stages of the process, so that business reputations aren’t damaged by slow, stressful sales transactions and high fall through rates. mio’s joined up approach to sales progression, and ability to feed in data updates from across chains, helps to uphold the trust relationship between home movers and their agents, and deliver more certainty and confidence in the moving process.”