Gain brand new inventory accreditation with TDS and Inventory Hive training courses!
To help raise the standards of the Private Rented Sector (PRS) Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and Inventory Hive are launching two brand new industry training courses.
Led by Michael Hill of TDS and Richard Abbots of Inventory Hive, the courses guide property professionals through reporting at each stage of a tenancy, making the process as smooth as possible.
Course 1 ‘Pre-tenancy activity and inventory check-in’ - The first course includes an introduction to inventory check-ins and practical tips for compiling reports. The session focuses on key vocabulary/terminology and what to include in an inventory report.
Course 2 ‘Mid-term visits and end of tenancy check-out’ – The second course focuses on mid-term visits and end of tenancy check-out reports. The session includes practical guidance on undertaking reports, alongside how reports are approached by an adjudicator when considering deposit deductions.
Alongside these two courses, TDS also run the popular TDS Academy Online, helping property professionals get a real grasp of all things tenancy deposit protection and how to think like an adjudicator. There are still places available in May 2021 for both the Foundation and Adjudication workshops.
Delegates who complete both TDS Academy Online courses and TDS and Inventory Hive courses will be awarded with the new ‘TDS Approved Academy Accreditation Logo’ which is valid for 18 months.
“Ensuring that property professionals knowledge net is as wide as it can possibly be is something us and Inventory Hive value greatly. Having a core skillset and understanding of the ever-changing worlds that are tenancy deposit protection and inventories can be the key to avoiding costly deposit disputes” said Michael Hill.
To start your journey towards your TDS Approved Academy Accreditation Logo, sign up to the TDS and Inventory Hive Courses here.
Who are TDS?
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) is a Government-approved tenancy deposit protection scheme in England and Wales operated by The Dispute Service Group.
- TDS is the only not-for-profit scheme and uses its surpluses to continue to improve its already multi-award-winning service and technology solutions.
- The Dispute Service Group comprises of Tenancy Deposit Scheme (England/Wales), SafeDeposits Scotland (Scotland) and TDS Northern Ireland (Northern Ireland).
- The Dispute Service Group protects over 1.6 million deposits across the UK.
- The Housing Act 2004 requires landlords and letting agents to protect deposits on assured shorthold tenancies (ASTs) in a scheme such as the TDS scheme. TDS provides both Insurance-backed tenancy deposit protection and free Custodial tenancy deposit protection with free, impartial dispute resolution if disagreements arise over how the money should be divided at the end of a tenancy.
Visit the TDS landing page on Kerfuffle for more information and to see reviews. Click here
Who are Inventory Hive?
Inventory Hive has set-out their stall as a market leading property reporting platform with inbuilt paperless workflows. It’s designed to create the fairest and most efficient way of agreeing safety compliance, condition, and cleanliness. From check-in inventories to check-outs and COVID-19 safe virtual visits in-between, these workflows are covered without the need for third-party electronic signature software.
In recent years, the platform has shown its thirst for innovation with the release of 360° camera integration with Ricoh Theta and Insta360 devices. This means photos can be captured and tagged into relevant rooms/spaces within a property direct from their App. Other achievements in recent years include the introduction image recognition AI for meter reading populating and integrated pre-arrival document serving.
Visit the Inventory Hive landing page on Kerfuffle for more information and to see reviews. Click here